The ideal candidate would incorporate into his or her work ethic the principles of The Penserra Mindset, a set of corporate culture initiatives established to promote a positive work environment and prioritize client relationships. The Mindset pillars foster respect for colleagues, recognition of employee accomplishments and investment in learning opportunities.
Mid/Senior Level Equity Trading Sales:
Penserra is a diversified financial services firm offering global equity trading, fixed income trading, investment banking, ETF Sub-advising, and active management to come of the largest and most sophisticated institutions in the country. Our firm holds to the conviction that there is a better way for a financial services firm to create value. Powered by our people and innovation, Penserra strives to provide clients with superior service and exceptional results. Our people are what makes our mission possible and why we are dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse culture where all our colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
Functional Title: Equity Sales
Corporate Title: Vice President to Senior Vice President
Assignment: Full Time
Location: Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco Bay Area, or remote/hybrid
Our Institutional Sales team is seeking a sales professional who works well within a fast-paced team, is highly motivated, can work independently, and thrives in building relationships. This individual will report to the Head of Institutional Sales and work closely with equity trading professionals to expand our client base as well as service existing client relationships. This position will provide sales coverage for global equity program trading and algorithmic trading.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Target prospects including investment managers and internally managed public pension funds by phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Responsible for revenue expansion and client retention by leveraging existing equity services and firm cross selling.
- Responsible for strategic day-to-day relationship management and the maintenance of assigned accounts.
- Ensure superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are resolved. Proactive identification of client needs, and potential trading issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Represent the firm at industry conferences and networking events.
- Complete and deliver RFPs, RFIs, or ad hoc data information requests.
- Proactively contribute to the development of sales and marketing campaigns to better position Penserra’s global execution services within the industry.
- Develop and maintain extensive industry knowledge on trade execution services, product differentiators, and value add execution strategies, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple different work streams.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Economics, Finance, or relavant discipline. Master’s degree and/or CFA designation a plus.
- At least five (5) years of experience within the equity sales area or comparable financial services sales.
- A demonstrated ability to firm and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal peers.
- Existing institutional relationships.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere and attitude by communicating effectively with clients, prospects, and peers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous projects, meet tight deadlines, and the ability to pivot responsibilities when necessary.
- Highly professional, organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Outstanding presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective independent contributor with positive attitude and ability to independently drive initiatives.
- Self-starter that will excel and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team environment.
- High energy, motivated individual with commitment to excellence.
- 10-25% domestic travel.
- Intermediate with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM tools.
- SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 are required upon hire.
- Salary range $150k-$200k based on experience.
- Competitive bonus plan
- Medical/dental/vision/life benefits
- 401k with matching.
Functional Title: Junior Operations Specialist
Corporate Title: Associate
Assignment: Full Time (Permanent)
- 0-1 years of business operations experience, preferably in the finance industry.
- SIE Exam and Series 7 License (to be obtained within the first six (6) months of hire).
- Must have good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently with the utmost attention to detail under stress.
- Ability to manage and evaluate large sets of data across a variety of inputs.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel with solid overall aptitude with learning technology and systems.
- Pass the SIE and Series 7 exams.
- Assist in checking prior day trades to ensure account compliance.
- Produce, review, and distribute various daily trading operations reports in support of the equity trading and asset management departments.
- Help maintain accurate client records by confirming and de-linking terminated accounts.
- Maintain applicable account lists, track the efficiency and progress of various daily exports, maintain records of recurring distributions and work with client custodians to resolve outstanding items.
- Label new accounts as well as perform daily/weekly checks to validate account labeling.
- Review custodian alerts and restrictions against internal systems.
- Send trade confirmations and assist with trade settlement for accounts.
- Work with trading and compliance to create and maintain procedures and documentation for operations best practices.
- Orinda, CA or Red Bank, NJ.
- Market hours depending on time zone (8am NJ or 5am CA).
- $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science – Ideally in Finance, Business, or Computer Science.
Penserra is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, discharge from the military service or based on a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.